Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
General Travel Considerations
When should I plan to arrive?
- Sales Kickoff 2023 officially starts at 4:00 PM PST on Monday, January 16 with an onsite community event to honor the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. For those planning to participate in this voluntary event, we suggest arriving by 2:00 PM PST to allow enough time to register and join in.
Do I need to book my own hotel accommodation?
- Accommodation at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort will be made on your behalf during group dates. Please do not reach out to the hotel directly. All inquiries and questions should be directed to the Sales kickoff planning team at SKO@elementcorp.com.
Note: During check-in, please use your corporate credit card for incidental charges only.
Is there an airport shuttle provided to Loews Coronado Bay Resort?
- A shuttle service is included to and from the San Diego and Tijuana International airports on group travel dates.
How do I extend my stay at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort?
- If you wish to extend your stay at the Loews, please email SKO@elementcorp.com to inquire.
Am I allowed to bring my family to Sales kickoff?
- Sales kickoff is an employee only event. If you wish to travel with family, all their expenses will be the employee’s responsibility.
What time is check-in/check-out?
- Standard check-in time for the Loews Coronado Bay Resort is 4:00 PM PST and checkout is 12:00 PM PST.
Do I need to bring my work laptop?
- Yes, laptops will be used during the training sessions.
Region-Specific Travel Considerations
Australia and New Zealand
- Attendees from ANZ are welcome to arrive as early Saturday, January 14 to allow adequate time to settle in following your transcontinental travel. Standard departure for ANZ attendees will be Thursday, January 19.
- Note: ANZ attendees are individually responsible for ensuring compliance with their international travel requirements for entering the United States; including visa requirements.
- Standard arrival for MX attendees will be Monday, January 16 and stay an extra day to participate in their annual All-Commercial meetings. Standard departure for all MX attendees will be Friday, January 20.
- Note: MX attendees are individually responsible for ensuring compliance with their international travel requirements for entering the United States; including visa requirements.
United States and Canada
- Standard arrival for U.S. and Canadian attendees will be Monday, January 16. However, certain airports offer limited flights into San Diego. As such, arrivals as early as Sunday, January 15 will be honored to account for both travel and seasonal weather considerations. Attendees from the U.S. and Canada should plan for a departure on Thursday, January 19. Early arrival will be honored with prior registration and managerial approval only.
ARRIVALS AT SAN DIEGO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- When you deplane the aircraft, please proceed down to the baggage claim area.
- You will be greeted by an AZA staff member in an AZA purple color shirt holding an Element sign or by a chauffeur also holding the Element sign with the passenger's name on it.
- After all the luggage is collected, you will be escorted to your transfer vehicle.
Should you have any issues please contact:
Saturday and Sunday arrivals: Lori James – 1-602-722-9533
Monday arrivals please: Anthony Papaleo – 1-805-587-9555
ARRIVALS INTO TIJUANA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - CBX
- Our transportation provider will be tracking the inbound flight into Tijuana Airport and have a shuttle stationed close by the Cross Border Express (CBX).
- Exit the plane, collect your bags, and then follow the signs to the CBX Border Crossing Bridge (it’s at the far end of baggage claim).
- If you haven’t already, you will need to purchase a CBX ticket (approx. $15/per person). A ticket can be purchased at any time by visiting https://www.crossborderxpress.com/en/.
- You will walk across the bridge and come down an escalator to the Customs Area. You must clear customs and get your luggage scanned before you are clear to proceed.
- There is no pickup area for the shuttle to idle. Once you are through customs, call 760- 438-4455 to receive further pick up instructions.
SKO 2023 Programming
What is the dress code?
- Dress code for Sales kickoff is business casual. However, some evening events – like the awards ceremony – will be more formal. In addition, given seasonal swings in temperature throughout the day, we encourage you to bring a jacket and light sweater. Finally, pack comfortable shoes.
Daily suggested attire
- Monday, January 16 – casual dress, including jeans and sneakers. MLK community event attendees will be provided team t-shirts.
- Tuesday, January 17 – General Plenary Day: business professional, jackets not required.
- Tuesday, January 17 – Awards Dinner: business attire recommended (blazer and button-down shirt). No black tie and no jeans.
- Wednesday, January 18 – Training breakouts and off-site celebratory event: business casual, jeans are acceptable.
- Daily Wellness Activities – comfortable workout clothes.
What Wellness Activities will be available?
- Tuesday, January 17 – 6:30 AM - 7:30 AM PST
*Bands and Barre – indoors (Cambria Room)
*HIIT Bootcamp – indoors (Britannia Room)
*Space is limited. Please sign up for an activity at the hospitality desk.
- Wednesday, January 18 – 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM PST
*Yoga – indoors (Cambria Room)
*Pace Partners – outdoors (Meet in the hotel lobby)
*Space is limited. Please sign up for an activity at the hospitality desk.
Who will be attending SKO 2023?
- All Commercial sales and account management team members from Canada, Mexico, and United States will attend the in-person event in San Diego. In addition, delegates from Australia and New Zealand, our Arval Alliance, select business partners, and the EXE will be in attendance.
What can we expect on the agenda during Sales Kickoff?
- Be prepared to connect with colleagues, learn, find inspiration, and most importantly to have fun. There will be a variety of speaking and training sessions, working groups, a gala awards night, optional morning wellness activities, and so much more...
What is the Martin Luther King Day Event?
- To honor the work of Martin Luther King Jr., we will hold an onsite community event on January 16. The event is voluntary and will start at 4:00 PM PST and end at 5:30 PM PST.
Will there be an onsite photography?
- We’ll have a photographer onsite Tuesday, January 17 and Wednesday, January 18 who will be available to upgrade your professional headshot portrait. For those interested, visit the SKO hospitality desk for details.
Will business partners be attending SKO?
- Yes. Business partners from across functions will be in attendance.
- In addition, select business partners will be available to answer questions at kiosks. Make sure to stop by the Commodore Foyer during the following hours:
- Tuesday 7:30 AM – 8:20 AM
- Tuesday 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM
- Tuesday 3:00 PM – 3:45 PM
- Wednesday 8:00 AM – 8:50 PM
- Wednesday 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM
Local San Diego Considerations
What is the average temperature in San Diego in January?
- 57 °F - 70 °F / 14 °C - 21 °C
Note: Outdoor activities are expected at SKO 2023. Please check the local weather forecast prior to your departure flight to ensure you have appropriate clothing for seasonal weather.
When is sunrise and sunset?
- Sunrise: 6:51 AM PST
- Sunset: 5:06 PM PST
What are popular local attractions?
• Loews Coronado Bay Resort’s location allows you to explore the best of San Diego, such as Coronado Ferry Landing, Balboa Park, Old Town San Diego, SeaWorld San Diego, San Diego Zoo / Safari Park, LEGOLAND California, and Living Coast Discovery Center. Learn more about the Coronado Bay neighborhood
If you have any additional questions, email SKO@elementcorp.com. We will be happy to assist you.